If your site gets hacked, you could lose everything.
All of your content, all of your traffic, all of your product pages, your sterling reputation with Google. Your whole business could be… gone.
That means no income from your website until you your tech person fixes it. IF they can fix it.
A TRUE STORY: Mona had a successful food blog and her traffic was growing every single day. She worked hard at growing her business while working full-time AND raising two kids, and she was so excited to see all her time and energy finally paying off.
Then she woke up one day and her website was totally GONE.
What happened to Mona’s website? Her web host went out of business and shut down overnight. There were no backups. Their phone number was disconnected. There was no one to call, and nowhere Mona could go for help.
Another true story: Valerie spent a few years as a finance blogger and recently started selling courses that helped people develop personal wealth. Her course had been doing well and she was selling a few courses every day.
Then one day her bookkeeper called and asked, “Do you realize you’ve had zero sales in the past two weeks?”
Val went into serious panic mode and hired a developer to find out what happened. Hackers had gained access to her site and redirected all of her payment buttons to another bank account, so every time a customer made a purchase on her website, the money went to someone else.
All of that money — thousands of dollars — was gone forever.
Mona and Valerie’s stories may sound extreme, but these things happen every single day:
- Your designer accidentally deletes half of your blog database.
- Someone installs malware on your site and Google decides to block all search traffic to your business. (And any clients who view your website end up with their browser homepage set to a porn site! There goes your reputation.)
- Hackers break into your email and find the password for your online store, then grab all of your customer’s credit card numbers (which potentially leaves you on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages — OUCH).
These things happen to solopreneurs just like you. Smart, capable business owners who don’t know they’re vulnerable.
Two things to remember about website security:
- You don’t know what you don’t know, and that leaves you — and your business — exposed.
- A little security knowledge can save your site from total shutdown.
I know you’re smart. You’re building your business on your own, and we both know exactly how much work that takes. So why risk having your entire site destroyed before your eyes? If you think building a business is hard now, think about how hard it can become if your website were to vanish without a trace or hackers hijack your online store.
That’s why you need to take control of your website’s security. It’s not the responsibility of your web host, your husband, or your cousin’s college-age son. It’s YOURS. But here’s the good news: it’s a lot easier than you might think.
I developed Secure Your Site with one purpose in mind: to empower you to take responsibility for your website’s security. I’m not talking about turning you into a super tech guru — I mean, who’s got time for that? — instead, I’m going to show you a handful of easy strategies (no programing required!) that will keep your website safe and secure, which means your site will never leave you stranded and in tears. (Poor Val…)
Here’s what you get:
Secure Your Site is a user-friendly, 2-part course designed to guide you through protecting your digital information and hardening your website against hackers.
- First I’ll show you how to protect your personal information online so that hackers can’t break into your online accounts. Think about it: What damage could hackers cause if they got into your email? Your web hosting account? Your BANK?
- Next I’ll show you some super simple strategies for making your WordPress site bulletproof, keeping hackers locked out so that your business website stays safe and secure.
Section 1: Protect Your Digital Life
In this section you’ll learn:
- Powerful password design, making your accounts all but impossible to break into
- How to manage all of those crazy uncrackable passphrases, so you don’t have to remember a million different passwords (phew…)
- Ways to setup 2-factor authentication, to make sure your most valuable information is impenetrable.
Section 2: Protect Your Website
In this section I’ll show you how to:
- Guarantee you have reliable backups so that repairing a dead website is just a few clicks away
- Make sure your plugins aren’t allowing hackers easy access to your website, where they can install malware or delete your entire site
- Configure a few hand-selected hardening plugins that will do the vast majority of the security work for you
- Secure every single user account on your site to prevent them from being compromised.
Smart business owners protect their website. It’s not sexy, but it’s necessary. You’ve got big plans and a clear vision, but you don’t have time to spend weeks cleaning up after hackers leave your website a pile of digital sawdust. Invest a small amount now to save a huge amount later. Because if your website goes down… so does your whole business.